2 Aug 2015

Magsail Beach from my Salalah Diaries

It has been a few months since we relocated to Dubai, but memories of Oman still linger in my mind. So, while I was organising my files and folder in my laptop I came across some pictures of Salalah, which were so beautiful that I had to share it here. While, it is hot and dusty here in Dubai, many people seek respite during the holidays by visiting nearby locations and one such popular destination is Salalah. Just rummaging through the pictures brought me the much-needed respite from the heat of Dubai!

It is Khareef season in Salalah. Khareef in Arabic means autumn but for Salalah and Dhofar region, it refers to the monsoon. The Khareef season lasts from June to September and the region gets its annual rainfall then. The entire region turns into a lush green area and its mountains are covered with fog. An enchanting and memorable experience for us and thousands of visitors from abroad who visit Salalah during the Khareef season. 

This particular beach is a must visit for anyone who goes to Salalah during any time of the year. Every time that we visited this beach, the roaring waves and the misty mountains, have always kept us enchanted. I can still remember sitting on the wooden bench there and absorbing the cool breeze from the sea, enjoying the beautiful views and relaxing my mind.

Here, are some pics I found in my folder which were clicked during our visit to the Magsail beach in Salalah, a popular destination for all, tourists and residents alike.


Nupur Acharjya


My Travelogues Salalah

My Travelogues

My Travelogues

Nupur Acharjya


My Travelogues

For more information on Salalah and places to visit you can check out my earlier post - A Glimpse of Salalah - Loved, Laughed and Lived!

No comments:

Post a Comment